There are many choices to explore Montreal. Here are a few things that we recommend:
- Fireworks are nice to see from the old town: http://www.parcjeandrapeau.com/en/international-des-feux-loto-quebec-montreal/
- A walk/hike up Mount Royal: https://www.lemontroyal.qc.ca/en
There are nice views at the Chalet and coffee is available at the Chalet, at beaver lake and at Smith house.
- Bixi in Montreal: https://montreal.bixi.com/en
- Bike on the Formula 1 track (you need to bring/rent a bike): http://www.parcjeandrapeau.com/en/circuit-gilles-villeneuve-montreal/
- Take a boat tour to explore Montreal's Old Port: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g155032-Activities-c55 Montreal_Quebec.html
- Here is a webpage that has a nice compilation of things to do: https://www.toeuropeandbeyond.com/15-things-to-do-in-montreal/